Hondros Family of Companies Gives Back this Holiday Season
December 16, 2014 |
Throughout the state of Ohio, more than 650,000 children are uncertain of when their next meal will be. That’s enough to fill OSU stadium more than six times.
In order to help combat hunger within our communities, Hondros Family of Companies invited everyone to help feed Ohio this holiday season. Beginning November 1, each of our six campuses encouraged students and faculty to participate by bringing in non-perishable food items and toiletries. Thanksgiving week all campuses brought all donations to their local food pantries just in time for Turkey day!
Statewide Hondros Family of Companies donated a total of 482 pounds of food:
- Dayton/Fairborn campus donated 135 pounds of non-perishables and toiletries to The Foodbank, located in Dayton, Ohio.
- The Toledo/Maumee campus donated 9 pounds to the Toledo Northwestern Ohio Foodbank.
- The Akron location donated 80 pounds to the Akron-Canton Regional Food Bank.
- The West Chester campus collected 45 pounds for Reach Out Lakota.
- Cleveland South location donated 70 pounds of food to the Parma Heights Food Pantry.
- Westerville main campus donated 143 pounds to the Westerville Area Resource Ministry.
On Thursday, December 4, five associates from the Hondros Family of Companies donated their time by serving lunch at the local YWCA Family Center in Columbus. The company sponsored the lunch and volunteers served a delicious taco salad bar, dressed with all the trimmings that mimicked Chipotle.
It is always a humbling experience to give back to those in need in the community. The YWCA Family Center provides emergency shelter and critical services to stabilize homeless families in central Ohio.
“My experience serving lunch at the YWCA Family center was a major blessing. It opened my eyes and allowed me to see what I take for granted every day. It felt good to help others in their time of need. I can’t wait to do this again!” said Cheryl Ward, Student Services Associate at Hondros College.
Hondros Family of Companies is dedicated to the community in which they serve and will always participate in community outreach. This is the company’s third time serving lunch at the YWCA during 2014.
Hondros Family of Companies is grateful and honored to give back to all our local communities.