At Home With Diversity® (AHWD) Certification
This course seeks to equip real estate professionals with the information they need to work effectively within today’s diverse pool of homebuyers.
As real estate professionals, understanding attributes of diversity in your local market, as well as their impact on the real estate industry is key to working effectively in today’s diverse pool of homebuyers.
NAR’s At Home With Diversity® (AHWD) certification program is designed to present a picture of the changing face of the real estate industry. Since 1998, more than 20,000 REALTORS® have stayed on their game and stocked their tool belts with the AHWD certification. Convey to your clients that they’re working with a dynamic real estate professional with expertise that transcends cultural barriers. Register today!
The AHWD course is a 6-hour class that addresses the topics of diversity, fair housing, and business planning development. Throughout this course, you will:
- Develop an increased awareness of cultural and personal biases that may inhibit you from fully embracing diversity and creating a successful multicultural real estate business.
- Learn inclusive, multicultural marketing and advertising strategies to broaden your client base.
- Formulate an inclusive business plan to help you create an enduring business that is able to adapt and evolve to an ever-changing marketplace.
ADRE Renewal Credit
6 hours CE Credit
In order to apply for the AHWD certification with NAR, applicants must:
- Take the AHWD course and pass the final exam, if required*
- Be an active NAR member in good standing
- Pay the AHWD application fee of $75 (NAR is reducing this fee to $40 through the end of 2021)
- *The exam is required for the online course, and a few states require it for continuing education (CE) credit.
- This class qualifies as a “task” in the C2E (Commitment 2 Excellence) NAR program
About the Instructor
Laura Kovacs, CRB, SRES Laura recently retired as the Assistant Executive Officer and Director of Education for the Scottsdale Area Association of REALTORS®. She went to Scottsdale after 3 years as the Curriculum Specialist and Trainer for the Arizona Association of REALTORS®, and Director of Professional Development for HomeSmart. She is a Broker and has been a REALTOR® since 1976. Prior to joining HomeSmart, she was with Realty Executives Relocation & Referral Services for 15 years in an Executive position. Earlier in her career, Laura was an active sales person and manager for several other local companies. Always active in community and industry service, Laura served as the Chair of the Arizona Association of REALTORS® Professional Development Committee 2005 through 2007 and again in 2009, and has served as a state director and Executive Committee Member. An ADRE approved instructor for continuing education since 2003, in addition to GRI, she is also an NAR certified instructor, a CRB Instructor, Licensing instructor and is certified to teach the SRES Designation Course. She is passionate about improving the quality and delivery of real estate education. She is originally from Chicago, Illinois, and enjoys traveling and spending time visiting her family throughout the country.
- There is a 5 minute late rule. If you are more than 5 minutes late to class, you will not receive credit for attending the course. No exceptions.
- You must have a working camera and stay on camera for the duration of the course.
- You may not attend class through your mobile device.
- You must actively participate in the course.